Our Experienced Surgical Team Combines Skill, Technology & Compassion
If your pet must undergo surgery, whether for a routine spay or neutering, or a more involved procedure, it will be well cared for by the experienced medical team at Shea Animal Hospital. We are meticulous about every facet of our surgical services, from pre-operative testing, to continual monitoring during the procedure, to post-surgery consultations. Here’s what you can expect when your pet has surgery at Shea Animal Hospital:
- Pre-Surgery Examination and Testing. Before we schedule a pet for surgery, our doctors first do a thorough physical exam, looking for any health problems that might compromise the success of the procedure. We also recommend pre-surgical blood tests to check for any conditions that might not be evident during a physical exam.
- State of the Art Anesthesia. Our hospital uses the very latest and most effective anesthesia medications available.
- Continuous Monitoring During Anesthesia. From the moment your pet is prepped for surgery until it has fully recovered, our medical team will continually monitor its condition, constantly checking vital signs like heart and respiratory rates, temperature, blood pressure and oxygen saturation level.
- Comfort During Surgery. So your pet won’t experience any undue discomfort, we begin administering pain medication before surgery and continue on until your pet is released to your care. We also attend to details like lining our surgical table with a heated water blanket and keeping the pet covered with warm blankets to maintain its body temperature during surgery.
- Surgical Consultation and Specialist Services. While we offer a full array of surgical services at Shea Animal Hospital, we also occasionally team up with surgical specialists, such as veterinary orthopedic surgeons, who come in to perform surgery at our hospital.
- Post-Operative Consultation. As soon as your pet has recovered from surgery, we will phone you and let you know how the procedure went. Then, before we release your pet to your care, our doctors will sit down with you and discuss the procedure, its outcome and what to expect during recovery. A team member will call you the next day to see how your pet is doing and to answer any questions.
Shea Animal Hospital is dedicated to helping your pet live a healthy, happy life. Please contact us today with your questions or concerns, or to schedule an exam.